Version of Nov. 20, 2019
Who is responsible for processing your data?
What are cookies?Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or mobile device stores when you use our web store. There are also cookie-like techniques that achieve the same results.
What are the other cookie-like techniques?Web beacons, Local and Session Storage and SDKs are standard internet techniques that sometimes together with cookies ensure that a system can collect information and then send it. Cookies and other technologies are used at all existing web stores. By using cookies and other technologies, we ensure that:
- Surfing in the Aligo.uk web store becomes more fun and easier for you;
- You do not always receive or need to enter the same information when you visit our webshop;
- We can offer you special functions such as the wish list or your shopping cart;
- We can measure how our web store is used and where we can still improve it;
- We can show you advertisements and recommendations based on your interests;
- We can recognize which device you use when you visit us;
- We can (let) register how often an advertisement is shown in order to better tailor the advertisements to your needs and interests and to prevent you from seeing the same advertisement all the time.
Third party cookies
Which cookies do we use? In brief:
Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies ensure that our online store functions correctly. Consider, for example, functionalities such as placing an item in your shopping cart or paying for your order.
With the help of third-party analytics, we collect statistics about how our webshop is used. By measuring website usage, we can continue to improve our store to the benefit of our users.
We place marketing cookies on our web store. Third parties can also place marketing cookies on our web store. We also place marketing cookies on third-party websites. We can combine the information from these marketing cookies. We do this so that we can make offers that are as relevant as possible to you based on your online surfing, search and buying behavior. With these marketing cookies we also keep track of which advertisements you have seen.
Functional or necessary cookiesFunctional or necessary cookies ensure that the Aligo.nl web shop functions properly. Think about:
- Remember and save the items that you add to your wish list;
- Giving a notification with an unfinished order so that you do not lose the items in the shopping cart;
- Saved browser settings so that you can optimally view our web store on your screen;
- The ability to save your login details so that you do not have to enter them every time;
- The ability to respond to messages in our web store;
- An even load on the website so that it is easily accessible and continues to work optimally;
- Detecting possible abuse or problems in our web store, for example by registering successive failed login attempts.
Analytical cookiesWe use analytical cookies to investigate store usage with the help of third parties. These statistics give us insight into how often we are visited and where we can improve our webshop. This allows us to constantly optimize the experience with our web store. Among other things, the following data is stored:
- The IP address that is made anonymous;
- Technical characteristics, such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference and which device you use;
- From which page you came to the web store;
- When and for how long you visit or use the web store;
- Whether you use the functionalities of the web store. For example, creating a wish list, placing an order or viewing previous purchases;
- Which pages you visit in our web store.
For example, we use these cookies to:
- Keep track of the number of visitors to our web store;
- To measure how long a visit lasts;
- Determine in which order a visitor visits the various pages of our web store.
- we can keep track of which advertisements you've already seen;
- we can keep track of how many times you have seen an advertisement;
- we can prevent that you always see the same advertisement;
- we can keep track of whether you click on the ads;
- we can track whether you place orders after you see or click on an ad;
- we can combine your online surfing, search and buying behavior regardless of which device you use;
- by combining these characteristics, we estimate your advertising interest and can tailor the advertisements that we show you in our web store and third-party websites accordingly.
- we can show third-party advertisements to you;
- our advertising partners can combine your preferences at Aligo.nl with information they collect when you visit other websites.
My cookie preference
Delete cookie historyIf you have chosen 'refuse marketing cookies' above, these cookies will no longer be placed from that moment. If you also want to delete your cookie history, you can do so for the different browsers in the following way.
Delete cookies in Chrome:
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right. Click History> History> Clear browsing data.
- In the menu 'Delete browsing data' you have the option at the top to delete browsing data from the first use up to and including the last hour. Below that you choose which items you want to delete. In any case, check 'Cookies and other site and plug-in data'.
- Press the 'Delete browsing data' button.
Delete cookies in Safari:
- Open Safari and go to Safari> Preferences> Privacy> Delete saved cookies and data> Manage website data> Delete everything.
Delete cookies in Firefox:
- Click on the 3 lines at the top right, click on Options> Privacy> Delete individual cookies.
- Click on 'Delete all'.
Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge:
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right> Settings. Under 'Delete browsing data', click the 'Choose what you want to delete' option.
- Select the cookies (preselected)> Press the 'Delete' button.
Delete cookies in Internet Explorer:
- Click on the gear at the top right> choose Internet Options> General tab. Click on 'Delete' under 'Browsing history'.
- Do you not want to delete everything? Then at least check 'Cookies and Website data' and click on 'Delete'.